Thursday, November 18, 2010

Monastery of the King

Ta Prohm - Angkor
Recently, My wife and I  had the opportunity to visit Siem Reap and some of the temples which lie in and around the Angkor Historical Park. I brought some of my lighting gear which allowed me to produce the series of images you see posted below.

IMG_3117

 My first choice with regards to locations were already occupied by the large package tour groups so we found a quiet corner in the back and were able to create these photographs.

IMG_3142


I had to carry the lighting gear all day long so I packed light only bringing a single stand and a white umbrella. I ended up walking several kilometers that day.


IMG_3149


We spent about a half hour in one of the back corners of Ta Prohm shooting these images but both of us were tired from the activities of the day.

IMG_2973


Ta Prohm is one of my favorite temples in all of Angkor and I look forward to visiting and shooting there again.
IMG_3008From Wikipedia 
Ta Prohm is the modern name of a temple at Angkor, Siem Reap Province, Cambodia, built in the Bayon style largely in the late 12th and early 13th centuries and originally called Rajavihara.


Located approximately one kilometre east of Angkor Thom and on the southern edge of the East Baray, it was founded by the Khmer King Jayavarman VII as a Mahayana Buddhist monastery and university. 


Unlike most Angkorian temples, Ta Prohm has been left in much the same condition in which it was found: the photogenic and atmospheric combination of trees growing out of the ruins and the jungle surroundings have made it one of Angkor's most popular temples with visitors.


Continue to browse the images in this photoset below or via Flickr






No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like...

Search This Blog